Okay, it’s about time you stop staring with unabashed envy at that incredible Xbox One Elite Controller.
Sony has just announced that two new equally great looking pro controllers will be arriving for the PS4 this year. That’s right; it has the official thumbs-up from Sony HQ.
Razer Raiju and Nacon Revolution will be two officially licensed pro controllers that gamers will be able to pick up this holiday season. It seems that Sony wants PlayStation gamers to have the same opportunity that Xbox gamers have with the Xbox Elite Controller and that’s a great thing!
In one corner sits the Razer Raiju, which suspiciously looks like the Xbox One Elite Controller.
The Razer Raiju includes:
- Two extra bumpers and two extra detachable triggers
- Built-in control panel on the front of the controller
- Trigger-stop switches and hair trigger mode for ultra-fast trigger responses
- Two custom profiles which you can instantly switch between and modify
- 5mm headset jack and dedicated headset volume and mic mute controls
- Detachable analog stick rubber caps which provide extra grip during intense gaming sessions
- Compatibility with all PS4 systems via the braided 3m-long USB cable – detachable for easy storage
You can also customize up to two profiles with the Razer Raiju, which you can switch between in an instant.
And in the other corner rests the Nacon Revolution, which has a striking resemblance to the current DualShock 4 except that it’s more edgy. Seriously, it’s literally more edgy.
The Nacon Revolution includes:
- 46° amplitude dual analogue sticks, enhanced with innovative firmware for advanced eSports accuracy and reach
- Four extra shortcut buttons
- Eight-way directional pad
- Four custom profiles – all configurable via the companion PC application, enabling players to: re-map buttons, assign macros to the four shortcut controls and adjust analog and trigger sensitivity
- Two internal compartments with six additional weights – for a tailored balance and feel
- Compatibility with all PS4 systems via the 3m-long secure connection USB cable – detachable for easy storage
Unlike the Raiju, the Revolution can store up to four customized profiles which you can use for re-mapping buttons and assigning functions to the four shortcut buttons. You can also adjust analog and trigger sensitivity.
Both pro controllers are compatible with all PS4 systems via USB cables. Aside from debating whether to pick up the PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim, now you must choose between two pro controllers this holiday season. Of course, you can always buy both: One for you and the other…as a backup in case you break the first out of frustration while playing Dark Souls III.
Latest posts by Pio Ferreras (see all)
- Best Buy Has a Limited-time PS4 Pro Offer this Week - Nov 14, 2016
- PS4 Pro Support Details for Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy XV, and 2 More Games - Nov 14, 2016
- Sony Announces New Green Camo DualShock 4 Controller - Nov 14, 2016