Are you ready for a new kind of Wi-Fi system that can help speed up your WiFi connection? Because that’s exactly what Google is trying to produce. Google Wifi has been announced and it’s a wireless router completely designed in-house by Google. Google’s new hardware is touted as a router that’s supposed to make home Wi-Fi much more simple.
Google Wifi is supposed to replace your existing router and help you achieve more control over your home’s wireless internet. With things like Wi-Fi pause, which allows you to stop internet access, you can regulate a device’s internet connection via your companion app.
Why would you use this feature?
Well, if you have kids who are glued to their devices during dinner, cut off their access by pressing a button and watch them go through internet access withdrawals. That’ll teach them.
Google Wifi is compact, reasonably priced, and is designed from the ground up to provide new ways to use the Wi-Fi in your home.
Here are some things about Google Wifi that might interest you:
- Built on the strengths of OnHub
- Is an expandable system
- Uses a tech called mesh Wi-Fi
- Provides fast Wi-Fi everywhere in the house
- Comes with Network Assist technology
- Access controls through a companion app
- Designed with user privacy in mind
Video: Introducing Google Wifi
Video: Google Wifi, a new approach to home Wi-Fi
If you plan to pick up Google Wifi, then set your calendar for December 2016. And make sure to pre-order your Google Wifi starting in November just in case it sells out quickly.
Google Wifi cost $129 each or you can purchase a three-pack for $299. Head on over to the Google Store if you want be added to the waitlist.
Latest posts by TechU4ria (see all)
- 19 Best Gaming TVs for Gamers [PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360] - Mar 17, 2017
- Dark Souls 3 Ashes of Ariandel Expansion is Out Now - Oct 25, 2016
- 3 Huge Reasons Why Microsoft Might Make Their Own VR Headset - Oct 20, 2016