There’s plenty to be skeptical about when a new developer adopts a major video game franchise. With Gears of War 4, that has been the case ever since it was announced that The Coalition, a team with no other titles under their belt, was at the helm of the next main entry. Can they capture everything that sets Gears apart from the competition while breathing into it fresh ideas, all on a new gaming system?
If early reviews are any indication, the answer is an undeniable yes. Critics are revealing their thoughts on the long-awaited exclusive and things are looking good so far for Gears fans. Both Xbox One and PC versions are being praised for its great campaign, numerous multiplayer modes, and bounty of fun, new ideas.
Here’s a round-up of some reviews from other sites:
- Game Informer — 9.25/10
- Games Radar – 4/5
- The Escapist — 90/100
- Destructoid 8/10
- GameSpot — 7/10
- Attack of the Fanboy — 90/100
- Level UP — 9.3/10
- EMG — 9/10
- IGN (review-in-progress) — 9.2/10
Gears of War 4 launches October 11th in North America and Europe. Those who purchased the Ultimate Edition can start their Gears adventure four days earlier on October 7.
Latest posts by Miguel Vidaure (see all)
- Best Wi-Fi Router Under $100: Cheap Routers for Better Wi-Fi - Nov 13, 2017
- Get Bonus Content for Game Of Thrones: Conquest Before Launch - Oct 3, 2017
- HTC Vive Headsets Will Now Come With Fallout 4 VR - Oct 3, 2017